Fulfil your Dream, Join the team
Together we Play, Learn & Shine
Craig Le Sueur
Mob: 0419 343 579
Tel: 0411 267 780
12 Joseph Crt
Wantirna South VIC 3152
- Still need a uniform for the Winter season? Information, sizing chart and order form.
|Download Welcome Pack pdf 103kb, doc 122kb|
Welcome to Holy Saviour Netball Club! We encourage all new parents and players to download and read our Welcome Pack above. This lists some of the expectations and requirements for playing netball with our club in the Waverley City Netball Association (WCNA). Any additional information can be found below.
Please do not hesitate to contact your coach (see the relevant “Teams” page) to clarify any areas of concern.
- Umpiring & Coaching Opportunities
- Training Venue and Times
- 11/U Player Rotation Policy
- On Court Injuries – WCNA competition
- Complaints during a match – WCNA competition
- Presentation Night & Annual General Meeting
- Committee Roles
[ ↑ ]
Umpiring & Coaching Opportunities
At Holy Saviour we support the development of new and existing coaches and umpires. Holy Saviour Netball Club encourages and supports everyone who is eligible and willing to umpire or coach.
We encourage parents to show good support for umpire and coaching personal, remember without them, your child’s team cannot take to the court.
If you are interested in becoming an umpire or coach with our club, please contact the existing corresponding co-ordinator. Contact details can be found on the Committee page.
[ ↑ ]
Training Venue and Times
All teams train at SportLink Vermont South, on Hanover Rd, Vermont Sth (located behind Coles) on the outside courts. Training is on Friday nights before the match on Saturday. Generally if there is no game there is no training the night before, however coaches may schedule their team to train. Time will vary according to the particular team.
Younger teams and Net Set Go tend to train from 4.00 to 5.00pm, and older teams tend to train from 5.00 – 6.00pm. Team managers will notify teams if training is cancelled due to bad weather.
Parents please make sure your children are at training 5 minutes before your scheduled start. Water bottles are a must for training and a hat to be worn on hot days. We must be prepared to start training at the time specified for your team.
It is expected that parents will remain at training to provide adult supervision for their child at all times during the session. If they are unable to do so, it is their responsibility to authorise another parent to do so.
[ ↑ ]
11/U Player Rotation Policy
Holy Saviour Netball Club has a junior (11/U) player rotation policy to ensure all players receive an opportunity to play in all positions as they develop their netball. This means that all players are required to rotate around, play and learn all positions of the netball court through the season.
[ ↑ ]
On Court Injuries – WCNA competition
If a player is injured during a match, the player (or other players on court) calls “time out” to the umpire. The umpire will then call a time out, and the COACH can than assist the player off court. The player has 30 seconds to leave the court or to make an immediate swap. If the player does not leave the court within 30 seconds the the position will be left vacant. Parents or other spectators are not allowed on-court during a match. Please refer to the Waverley City Netball Association By-Laws.
[ ↑ ]
Complaints during a match – WCNA competition
No one is allowed to approach the umpires. All umpiring decisions are final.
If you have any concerns about unfair umpiring, player, coach or spectator behaviour, it is preferable to address this during the match. Send someone immediately to the Control Box or to a WCNA Official while the match is in progress, and a WCNA official can then come to the court in question and assist.
Complaints made after completion of the game MUST be lodged within 48 hours of the match being played through the Secretary or President of Holy Saviour Netball Club as per the Waverley City Netball Association By-Laws.
[ ↑ ]
Fees for each player include:
- Victoria Netball Association membership (VNA) – which covers insurance for injuries. The VNA fee is an annual fee, paid once per calendar year (usually paid with the Winter registration fee). This fee varies depending on the age of each player.
- Club fee – contributing to cost of each team registering with the association, umpire costs, court hire, public liability, trophies, equipment (kits for each team), etc. This is paid each season. Winter season is slightly longer than the Spring season, so usually has slightly higher fees.
- Fundraising levy – this was introduced in 2010, as families preferred this to fundraising (eg selling chocolates). Cost is $10 per player, with a maximum of $20 per family.
- Late Fees – There will be two (2) follow up phone calls and a letter after fees are due. The player will not be able to train or play until such time as fees have been paid or a payment plan has been set in place (via President/Vice President and Treasurer).
[ ↑ ]
Presentation Night & Annual General Meeting
The Presentation Night and Annual General Meeting is held in November/December. Each player 13/U and below receives a participation award. Awards also include a Coaches Award and the MVP Award (Most Valuable Player – parent and coach voting). The new Committee are also selected. Longevity Awards for games played or coached with the club are also awarded. In 2012, a mid-year Presentation/Family Night was introduced, to present Winter MVP and Spirit Awards.
[ ↑ ]
The Committee consists of an Executive of President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary, and other committee positions including Coaches Coordinator, Umpires Coordinator, Team Manager Coordinator, Parent Voting Coordinator, Registration Officer, and Property Manager and others as the needs arise. The Committee work together to ensure the smooth running of the club.
We trust that this provides you with all relevant information, however if you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact your child’s coach or a member of the committee.
[ ↑ ]